4 May 2021
Planning a trip to 30A and not sure where to start? We have you covered! Here’s a list of local tips and guidelines that you should know before visiting our beaches, including how to know if the water is open for swimming, and places where you and your four-legged family member can explore together during your stay.
Beach Rules and Regulations:
There is plenty to do on our sugar-white sand! From basking in the sun to cozying up by a bonfire, here are some things to keep in mind before you pack your beach gear and apply the sunscreen!
- Drinks are welcome on the beach, for those of legal age, but leave behind any glass containers! This helps keep the beach safe for all beachgoers.
- Leave no trace – Visitors should leave the beaches as they found them (or cleaner). If you’re coming for the white-sand beaches, it’s best to try and keep them that way.
- Be kind to sea turtles and their nests! They’re not to be killed, harmed, or disturbed - it’s the law. Plus, who would want to hurt such cute animals anyway?
- Beach bonfires are welcomed with proper permits. If you’re interested in having a stress-free bonfire experience, our concierge services offer the perfect solution!
Beach Flag System:
It’s time for a swim… with caution. On 30A, we hope everyone has the chance to appreciate the beauty of our beaches, but it’s also important to take note of when you should spend the day out of the water. Here are the beach flags to look out for and what they mean:
- Green: Low hazard, calm conditions
- Yellow: Medium hazard, moderate surf & currents
- Red: High hazard, strong surf & currents
- Double Red: Water is closed to the public
- Purple: Signals that pests are present in the water
For daily updates on beach conditions from the South Walton Fire Department, text SAFETY to 31279.
30A Rules for Pets:
Royal Destinations offers gorgeous, pet-friendly vacation rentals that invite your four-legged family members friends to join in on your 30A vacations. Although we wish they could be invited everywhere, you should keep in mind that dogs are not permitted on 30A beaches without a permit. Permits require an annual fee along with proof of local residency, property ownership, and up-to-date vaccinations for dogs.
If this is not possible, you can still bring along your four-legged friend to enjoy a stay in one of our pet-friendly 30A vacation rentals and explore many local parks and restaurants. Leashed pups can join you in spending the day at Point Washington State Forest or Topsail Hill Preserve State Park for a scenic walk through our sandy woods. After taking some time to learn where you can explore with your furry friend, book a pet-friendly vacation rental to start creating memories with your entire family during your 30A getaway.
Start Planning Your 30A Vacation
Now that you know what to expect when you visit 30A beaches, it’s time to start planning your family vacation. Browse our stunning 30A vacation rentals today to enjoy amenities like Gulf front homes, panoramic views, private pools, elevators, and even a golf cart. Find your dream 30A getaway today and get ready to enjoy Florida’s sunshine and sandy shores!